Minnesota added 7,300 jobs in August and the unemployment rate holds at 4%
The Minnesota Department of Employment and Economic Development (DEED) released employment statistics for August today. Overall, Minnesota added 7,300 jobs last month, and the unemployment rate is holding steady at 4% (compared to 5.1% nationally).
Industries that saw job growth include:
- Professional/business services (up 4,600 jobs)
- Leisure and hospitality (up 4,600 jobs)
- Education and health services (up 2,900 jobs)
- Financial activities (up 1,600 jobs)
- Logging and mining (up 200 jobs)
- Information (up 200 jobs)
Industries that lost jobs in August include:
- Government (down 5,000 jobs)
- Manufacturing (down 1,000 jobs)
- Construction (down 200 jobs)
- Trade, transportation and utilities (down 200 jobs)
Overall, Minnesota has gained 38,037 jobs so far in 2015.